Current Opportunities with SCE:
ENGINEERING WORKS MANAGER
- Christchurch location
- Complex and technical operation
- Senior leadership role
The Southern Cross Engineering Group is one of New Zealand’s leading mechanical and project engineering companies specialising in the innovative engineering design, manufacture and installation of materials handling and quarrying and mining installations throughout Australasia, Pacific and beyond.
The role of Engineering Works Manager is not for the faint hearted. You will be working in a high pressure environment and we need someone with know-how and a business/customer focus. You will need to be able to work co-operatively with others to achieve common objectives with teams working in Fabrication/Welding, Machining and Fitting disciplines. Keys to your success will be your ability to make things happen and drive operational performance.
- Leadership and maintaining a high performing team
- Setting the standard for workshop culture and industrial relations
- Actively meeting the production plan effectively, timely and within budget
- Monitoring and controlling workshop costs
- Promoting health and safety
To be considered for this role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Related tertiary or trade qualification
- Minimum 10 years’ experience at a senior level gained through a medium sized complex organisation preferably in heavy steel fabrication and/or machining
- Proven leadership in managing a diverse team
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
If you lead to win, have an innate drive to meet ever increasing challenges and take action to achieve continuous improvement, then we invite you to apply, by sending your cover letter and CV to email@example.com no later than 27 April 2014.